Tomato Ratatouille Sauté
Makes: 4 servings
- 3 Tomatoes (large, fresh) about 1-1/2 lbs.
- 1 T Olive
- 1 c Onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 t Garlic, minced
- 2 c Each of: sliced Zucchini
and diced Eggplant
- 2 c Green bell pepper chunks
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 t Basil leaves, crushed
- 1/4 t Thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 t Ground black pepper
- 3 c Cooked long grain
Use tomatoes held at room temperature until full
ripe. Core tomatoes; coarsely chop (makes about 4 cups);
set aside. In a large saucepan heat oil until hot.
Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until softened,
3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant and green pepper;
cook and stir until slightly softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup water, salt, basil, thyme, black pepper
and reserved tomatoes; bring to a boil; reduce heat
and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about
15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked