Japanese Petal Salad
Makes: 4 servings
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 nectarines (fresh), thinly
- 2 t sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 celery stalks, cut into
3 -inch match stick pieces
- 2 c cooked chicken breast,
- 2 c cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 c red radishes, shredded
chicken on 4 individual lettuce-lined salad plates. In
symmetrical pattern, fan nectarines to right side of
shrimp; overlap cucumber slices to left side. Place celery
pieces at top of plate; mound radishes at bottom of plate.
dressing; pour 3 tablespoons over each salad.
To make sesame dressing: in a small bowl combine vinegar,
soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Stir to dissolve
sugar. Makes about 2/3 cup. Sprinkle with sesame
seeds if desired.